What To Do If Your Lawyer Violates An Ethical Obligation To You
When you hire a lawyer to handle a transaction, provide advice or represent you in litigation, your lawyer is bound to a strict code of professional responsibility, obligated to follow specific rules that protect your interests. When your attorney violates those rules and you suffer financial loss, you want experienced legal malpractice counsel to help you recover full and fair compensation for your losses.
The lawyers at the Catafago Law Firm, P.C., in New York City bring 20 years of experience to businesses and individuals who have suffered financial injury because of ethical violations by legal counsel. The firm understands that attorney-client relationships are built on trust and recognizes the breach of trust that comes with an ethical violation. Our practice places a premium on integrity and honesty in legal representation, providing counsel to a wide range of clients.
To schedule a free initial consultation, contact the lawyers at the Catafago Law Firm, P.C.
Protecting Victims Of Ethical Violations By Lawyers
The firm represents individuals and businesses in litigation to recover financial losses caused when attorneys violate ethical rules, including cases involving:
- Violating billing and fees rules. The Catafago Law Firm, P.C., protects clients who have been overbilled, billed for services not rendered or billed without authorization.
- Representing competing interests in a transaction or other legal matters. The firm’s attorneys handle cases involving a conflict of interest when a lawyer represents competing interests, including his or her own.
- Breaching a fiduciary obligation to act in the best interests of the client.
- Misusing or abusing escrow funds. The Catafago Law Firm, P.C., will help you recover any funds paid to an attorney that were not properly used to further your legal interests.
- Failing to keep clients adequately informed of developments in a case.
- Failing to comply with filing requirements, including the statute of limitations violations. If your legal counsel has failed to meet statutory or court-designated deadlines, the firm will help you recover for any financial injury incurred.
Contact Us To Discuss Ethics Violations
Our firm provides a free initial consultation to all clients. To set up an appointment, email us or call us at 212-239-9669. Offices are open Monday through Friday. Evening and weekend meetings can be arranged upon request. The firm is conveniently located in the Empire State Building.